Magical Warfare #02 — HOW DO YOU BREATHE!?

January 16th, 2014




I glanced through this and Zexy Ignits and decided this would probably be more amusing to write about for at least one more week while I stew Thursday in my brain. I’ll admit though, at least 75% of that was based on the noses, and the other 25% because Zexy decided that it had had enough of the Persona/Pokemon thing and this episode would be basically Ah! My Goddess, because apparently despite the world supposedly being a war-torn dystopia, there’s always time to have episodes about going to school and learning to live with ethereal beings from another dimension and be amazed by their bodily functions while they watch TV. Or the lack of noses, I guess to rewind back to the start of that run-on sentence. They were already fairly nonexistent in the first episode, but there was always at least a little bump or something. However, the budget has died, and apparently other than taking the action with it, it also took all the noses. They’re completely gone now. You could fit the entire face of an early 2000s Key or Broccoli character in the empty space between their eyes and mouth. 

As for the parts of the episode that were not nose-related, it was just exposition. The entire thing. Explaining magic. Explaining the world. Explaining the magical swords are magic. Bloody hell. Then the BGM started rapping, so I guess it’s also hip-hop. It did not make a compelling case to give it a third look after the second was already won on the back of KLK pissing away two episodes.

Next Episode:

Tentacles already?

Posted in Magical Warfare | 6 Comments »

6 Shouts From the Peanut Gallery

  • anise_punter says:

    Noses have been getting smaller in the medium for a while now, most of the blob shows pretty much lost them a few years ago.

  • Midarake says:

    Noses are overrated, just ask Justinian II, he was a fine ruler without one.

  • Flood says:

    Oh, nose… not again.

  • Kadi says:

    They breathe with magic! Just wait how they’re going to explain that using the whole next episode!!! *sigh* Chances are that would be more interesting that whatever they actually do with it.

    And the train wreck goes round and round, round and round… Come to think of it, this might become an exceedingly boring train wreck.

  • The Phantom says:

    I have a thing for shows where people suddenly goes to another world, probably because I loved El Hazard and Dual!, anyway I liked this a lot.

  • anon999 says:

    God, this is like as if Akihiro Yoshida animated this, except with less style.