July 20th, 2012
And like a true protagonist, is always traumatized by it.
Although I don’t know how I feel about exposition spit.
Infodumping, infodumping, infodumping, infodumping. Yeesh. At least it continues to do a passable job with its fights. It’s actually kind of funny how the action shows sort of evolve over the Thursday to Saturday span from outright awful in production to decent. This could still use a whole lot more of them and a whole lot less standing around spewing out endless torrents of Greek mythology.
Leaving all the idiot lectures aside, I guess the episode was supposed to be real introductions to the useless White Mage/Cheerleader du jour as well as the antagonist du jour. And yet both mostly just sort of stand/float around and yammer. Only one of them managed to jam her tongue into Godou’s throat and force him to drink her spit though, so we’ll give her the edge. Yada yada, GODS. EVILISH. Got it. Go kill them already. When 95% of your episode is utterly forgettable and can be better summed up in a Wikipedia article, you’re doing something wrong. At least the remaining 5% remains strangely watchable, albeit still in no way impressive.